Quick Pizza Sauce
You can make this in a few minutes, but you'll be surprised at how good it is. There are no-cooking recipes out there, but tomato paste doesn't taste good that way, so this is the minimal-cooking recipe.
- Can opener
- Immersion blender (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz crushed or diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir. Cook 10 to 20 seconds until lightly browned but do not burn!
- Add the tomato paste. Using a flexible spatula, alternate between spreading it out on the bottom of the pan and stirring it around. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until tomato paste is cooked.
- Add the diced or crushed tomatoes and stir until combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, basil, fennel seed, sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Stir until combined and heat until warm.
- Use your immersion blender if you want a smoother sauce.
- This sauce is now ready for making pizzas.Once it cools, you can keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of days, or freeze it if you want.
→ Ingredients Breakdown
→ Step by Step Instructions
← Main Post